First settled in 1889, Steveston is a revitalized
community set back from the water of the
Fraser River’s South Arm. This mercantile
channel, once essential to the maritime
industries that crowded its banks, has been
returned to the public, where canneries and
shipyards have given way to green spaces,
winding trails, quiet neighbourhoods, and
the sights and sounds of modern village life.
Though the canneries and shipbuilders are
gone, their spirit remains in these waters,
and the land now calls to a new generation
seeking health, wealth, and happiness along
the water’s edge.